We can remove single items, like that broken fridge or cooker from your home, collect newly purchased items from your local garden centre or DIY store, move a student to his new accommodation or move you to your new office after that job promotion. We move single items to a new address and also do complete house moves throughout the UK.
CPC can dismantle and reassemble furniture and remove wall fixtures. CPC will remove garden waste, unwanted greenhouses, sheds, cars etc. We can operate locally or throughout the UK. CPC can provide the van with a driver to help you move house, and share the labour with the customer, or supply two men to carry all your goods. We try to be as versatile as possible, helping keep your costs down, but still providing a quality service.
Our staff are fully trained in their work and polite to our customers. They have been shown how to move heavy and awkward items in various locations. Making sure they do not damage the customer, themselves, or the property internally or externally during the contract. Items will be wrapped and protected from damage when required, they can also be boxed and moved by trolleys. Then firmly secured in our vehicles by means of various straps and ties.
Heavy blankets cover fragile items such as mirrors and electrical items. Small items, crockery and clothing are usually boxed and labelled. Flat pack items such as wardrobes, can be dismantled, but we cannot ensure they will go back as before. And transporting them in one piece can often cause the joints to work loose.
Moving of fish, this is possible, but not easy work. Fish need to remain in water at all times therefore they need to be placed into water tight bags or containers for transportation. Their glass fish tank needs to be emptied of water, and then filled with bubble wrap or polystyrene to support the tank in transit. We are not fish experts so suggest the customer seeks advice from their nearest aquatic centre. (we cannot except responsibility for the loss of any fish). Also, any water carried, that damages other goods is not the responsibility of CPC.
Parking of vehicles can be a problem at some addresses, which is why planning ahead is important not only to save time, but also to save the customer money. The closer we can park our van to the house door, the quicker the whole operation takes to complete. Your local council will normally help with the supply of road cones to keep a space clear on the road, on the day of the operation.
There is not normally any charge for this, just give them the road details and the date required in advance. The customer is responsible for paying any parking fines in connection with their contract.
In most cases CPC will carry out a site visit prior to the removal date, and check any parking issues, to avoid such fines. Overhead obstructions such as tree branches also need to be considered along with the width of an entrance through gates. Remember a van is wider than a car!
Saving Money & Time
Tips to save you time and money when moving house
If moving address please ensure your freezer is defrosted, and start consuming it’s goods before the removal date.
- Access to the property for your removal van is clear or parking has been arranged nearby
- Cancel the milk and your papers
- Advise your Dentist, Doctor, Phone company, TV Licence, Vet, DVLA, Car & House Insurance companies, Passport, Bank, Building Society, Utility Supplies, Family and Friends of your new address
- Put plants into pots which require keeping
- Re-Direct your mail
- Use boxes for small items, such as crockery and clothing. Fill them complete to strengthen them. (Half filled boxes are weak and will compress, and over filled boxes can collapse)
- Once filled, tape them shut and label them (fragile and which room). with a marker pen, this saves a lot of time and stress
- Move as many items into one room near the exit door as possible. This will save time and money on your removal day
- On removal day turn off your gas, electric, water, oil supplies, and remember to take the readings. This way you can advise your supplier of the readings when you leave, and get an accurate bill. Remember to give them your new address, and phone number
- Ensure you have a key to the new address, and access, make sure we can enter the property when we arrive (delays will cost you money).
Working with an International Removal Company<
New van arrives at CPC fleet